Whether you are suffering from diseases such as Celiac or you are simply allergic to gluten, you would be pleased to know that you can still satisfy your irresistible desire for sweet foods with a range of gluten free desserts. Nothing is more irritating than not being able to enjoy your favorite meal because of a single ingredient especially so when that ingredient tends to be the basis of such foods. Luckily, there are a range of alternatives for just about any foods, thanks to the creativity of leading chefs around the world.
Why Gluten Free Desserts?
Desserts form a major portion of a number of people’s daily meals which they can simply not do without. However, there are various diseases such as the Celiac disease or Psoriasis that are known to worsen with the consumption of foods rich in gluten. For these people and a lot of others, gluten free desserts that do not compromise on taste tend to be the only solution. If you are looking for a list of gluten free desserts for your next shopping, make sure you avoid those that contain wheat, barley, oats or rye.
Desserts That Do Not Contain Gluten
There are numerous desserts that you can either buy from your local supermarket or bake them yourself at home pretty quickly which do not make use of ingredients containing gluten. If you are allergic to gluten, your choices are no longer limited as you have a range of alternative yet healthy options as highlighted below.
- The 5-Minute Chocolate Cake in a mug is a popular dessert offering a gluten free decadence making use of oil, flour and cocoa as its main ingredients. You can however be more creative and go for real chocolate and butter to replace cocoa powder and vegetable oil respectively for a better taste.
- The Triple Lemon Pie is a great gluten free dessert that is easy to make, just make sure you make use of lemon shortbread cookies that are free from gluten as its crust. This can easily be purchased from various specialized food shops online.
- If you have a sweet tooth for French cookies, you cannot not go wrong with raspberry and rose macarons for a great treat. These are great looking and tasty gluten free desserts, pinkish in color. These can be purchased from popular bakers or you can easily prepare them at home if you have a passion for baking.
- If Indian foods excite you the most, there is a dessert to meet your needs for a gluten free diet. It is the Tapioca pudding topped up with plain nuts and saffron.
- For those looking for gluten free dessert that is low carb at the same time, there is this sweet food called the Chai Spice Biscotti which would more than just make your day. It makes use of stevia as an alternative to sugar which is sweeter and lower in energy content.
Where To Find Gluten Free Desserts?
Most supermarkets have stocks of a range of gluten free items such as cakes, muffins and the like. You can also find gluten free pies, puddings and more at your local bakers. There are also a number of online stores that provide specialized diets for various groups including those looking for gluten free desserts.